Monday, March 13th:
Please use caution if you have to be out on the roads tonight, and tomorrow morning, and avoid unnecessary travel.
STAY AWAY FROM ANY DOWNED WIRES! Do not attempt to move them or drive over them.
Report any downed wires or trees that are blocking roadways into the Police Department at
Downed Poles and Wires:
• All wires should be treated as if they were “live” with electricity.
• Report downed poles/wires to your utility.
• Do not approach wires lying in or on the ground or road. Power can arc under the ground and come up many feet from where the wire is located.
• Do not attempt to move or cut trees that have wires entangled in them. The power utility must certify the power is off and have their crews cut the tree. If the street is closed off with barricades (i.e. orange cones) DO NOT drive around them. The power utility must certify the power is off and have their crews cut the tree.
• If the street is closed off with barricades, DO NOT DRIVE AROUND THEM! The power line may be live and you will place yourself and vehicle inhabitants in danger. Seek an alternate route.
Keep the following list of Emergency Numbers on hand - Important Contact Information
• Emergency: Dial 911
• Police non-emergency: 908-756-3663
• JCPL: 800-662-3115
• PSEG: 800-436-7734
• NJAW: 800-272-1325
• Comcast: 800-934-7734
• Verizon/FIOS: 800-837-4966
• NJ BOARD of Public Utilities complaints : 800-624-0241
• FEMA Assistance: 800-621-3362
• Red Cross: 877-272-7337
Warming centers will be available if the need arises, and please, take the time to check on an elderly or physically challenged neighbor.